Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October's Ipsy Bag and Birchbox!

I thought it may be easier to do a joined blog post and video on these two rather than just doing two different ones each time.

AKA, it'll make my life easier, okay? ;)

If you'd rather just watch the video, then here it is!:




Soo, let's get into the Birchbox first, all swatches will be at the end!



 First product: Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum

 Second product: Essie's Lady Like

 Third product: Jouer Lip Enhancer 

 Fourth product: Kiehl's Rosa Arctica Eye

 And last, and definitely least, Luna's Lemonzest

Okay, so my impressions? The box was $10, I feel as though I just recieved about $10 worth of stuff. Not necessarily what I want out of a beauty box.

But, again, it is only $10. The Essie polish really saved this box in my opinion. It looks like a really nice light nude-ish purple. BUT, I DO NOT WANT FOOD! I hate that. That's not why people sign up for these things, well, at least not why I do. Do you?

I want beauty products Birchbox, okay?

SO, all in all, this box gets a B. Not wowed. But I will try each product, and if something wows me, I'll most likely do a review on it :)




Now onto my Ipsy Bag!


 First product: Mirenesse Lip Bomb Glossy Lacquer Stain  in #4

Second product: Be A...Bombshell Eyeliner

 Third product: Coastal Scents Eyeshadow Quad (Colors, right to left, top to bottom: Antique Lilac, Wisteria, Lemon Chiffon, and Raspberry Tart)

Fourth product: theBalm What's Your Type? "the body builder" Mascara


Fifth product: Pequil Oil Treatment


Now, this is what I want in a beauty bag/box! I want these kind of products. I think that's why I like Ipsy more, they give you more of those kind of things, and Birchbox can be kind of random.

I was really impressed with the eye shadows, I LOVE the eyeliner. I actually used it all day today and it stayed on amazingly well. I will be using this a ton.

I think this bag definitely gets an A. I also love how the company always changes up the bags they give out. I wish Birchbox would be a little more creative each month with their boxes. They're just so...boring.

Here are the swatches of the products that needed swatchin' ;)


So, as you can see, the products in the Ipsy bag were extremely pigmented. 

The top swatches are the four eye shadows from the Coastal Scents Quad, then the black eyeliner, and then the Lip Bomb!

LOVE 'EM!

How did you guys like your bags/boxes??!

xoxo, Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment